Friday 24 April 2015

Mini MAC Haul!

Hey there gals, 

Today, I will be sharing a little MAC haul with you (one of my favourite hauls to do/and read!), and a little make-up look that I did as a result of these little beauties! So, if you want to see the few bits I picked up, and a make-up look that I did with them, then read on... 




So, firstly I picked up these eyelashes in '48' , they're really nice and kind of 'flirty' looking, just giving that right amount of 'oomph' and a nice bit of volume to your lashes, but they're a bit pricey at 13.50 of your hard earned! So, I wouldn't go splashing out on these unless you're going to something particularly special, otherwise I'd stick the my Eylure 107's or even the Kiss 'Diva 02' eyelashes! 



Next, I picked up a MAC Prolongwear Eye Shadow in 'Uninterrupted' which in the pan is probably the most unremarkable eyeshadow ever, that actually verges on being ugly (*gasp*), but on the eyes THIS IS AMAZING! It's a matte yellow-brown, but this literally makes blue eyes pop like no other eyeshadow I've ever used before, and I am now in love and delighted to have this in my arsenal <3 This certainly isn't cheap either, at 22.50, but I do think it'd be perfect for someone making a starter kit or just looking to invest in a highly pigmented and complimentary brown, that is beautiful on all eyecolours, but really makes those baby blues pop! 




The next item I picked up was another eyeshadow, this time it was 'folie' which is a dark brown with red undertones by MAC. I really do like this shade on, and it's definitely very blendable, the only negative about this eyeshadow is that it isn't really suitable for someone who's just starting off with makeup or building a starter kit, as this isn't a stand-alone shade, instead you would have to wear it in the crease or under the eye alongside a nice brown, gold or if you're feeling particularly outrageous - purple (I think I need to get out more...).



Now, all these lovely eyeshadows, and nothing to apply them with... Which brought me onto my next two purchases, the MAC eyeshadow brushes in '217' and '224'. The '217' is arguably one of the most popular brushes by MAC, and definitely is heavy duty and muti-use! It's perfect for shading or blending matte or creamy products. This brush has fine, densely packed fibers that are arranged in an oval shape - perfect for picking up colour, and popping it into your crease! The '224' is a blending brush too that has soft fibers which taper to form a medium size dome shape - allowing you to have more control when applying your eyeshadow! This brush can also be used to apply highlighter, which if you read my blog is something that I'm definitely happy about! The '217' set me back 25 quid, and the '224' was 32.50 (ouch!).




And there you have it, folks! Hope ye enjoyed this post, and as always I'm so thankful ye took the time to read it <3 I'm trying to build my brush collection, so please comment if you think that there's any that I NEED to have in my kit! Take care my lovelies <3

Love,
Becca.
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment