Monday 13 April 2015

Product Review: NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation!

Hey there gals,

Today, I'll be sharing with you my review on the new NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation, which I picked up when I was in Copenhagen a few weeks ago (which you can read all about here!). So, if you want to see how I got on, then read on!



What it promises: 
  • Full, natural-looking coverage with 16-hour wear.
  • Highly pigmented and perfectly balanced, this breakthrough formula builds and blends effortlessly with just one drop—the result of exclusive innovation uniquely designed to deliver long-wearing full coverage, weightlessly. 
  • Even Tone Technology is designed to instantly neutralize redness and dullness, while working long-term to reduce the appearance of discoloration for more even, uniform skin.
  • Gold and green pigments in a perfect 4-to1 ratio optically manipulate how light reflects off skin's surface, evening the complexion for instant luminosity. Green pigments negate redness on contact, while gold combats dullness.
  • This foundation also promises to be oil, paraben, alcohol, fragrance and SPF-free, so it's perfect for those with sensitive skin! 
  • Eloquently put...this foundation promises to be the dog's b*llocks! 

Shade range: 

This foundation comes in 20 shades, so you're guaranteed to find one that suits you! From 'Siberia' which is light with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones to 'Khartoum' which is dark with espresso undertones. I bought 'medium one - Punjab' which is described as medium with golden and peachy undertones, which is a perfect match for Irish skin in my opinion!


The Verdict: 

Firstly, I love the packaging of NARS products, and this one is no different with the classic black and white packaging, which is just super glamorous and definitely has a high-end feel to it! Next, this is the first NARS foundation that comes with a pump, and THANK GOD for that, as this foundation is quite fluid, and I find myself making a mess with a pump, so without one you'd definitely end up with more foundation on your clothes than on your face, which would be quite an expensive mess! So the addition of a pump in this foundation, definitely warrants a thumbs-up from me!

Secondly, this leaves you with a beautiful semi-matte finish, which leaves your skin feeling like it can breath! But this is a double-edged sword as the addition of the adjective 'luminous' in the title of this product made me think of Laura Mercier's 'radiance' primer or the beautifully dewy face of any Kardashian.. But, I don't think this foundation delivered on that, this is probably in part due to the semi-matte finish of this foundation, which still had me reaching for either MAC's 'Soft and Gentle' highligher or my Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter to really give me the desired level of radiance.. On the other hand, you don't need to reach for any powder!

According to the advertising, a single drop from a single bottle is enough to cover your entire face, however that wasn't entirely my experience. The packaging suggests that you use your fingers to blend this foundation, however I opted for a 'hybrid' approach, using my fingers to apply the foundation to my face and a beauty blender to blend it out. I needed to use 3 pumps of this foundation to cover my face, and then needed to turn to my trusty MAC pro-longwear concealer for under my eyes, as this foundation just doesn't cut it for under the eyes!

This is advertised as a 'full' coverage foundation, but is definitely more of a medium coverage, which can be built up to a full coverage with a natural enough finish, it definitely doesn't offer the same amount of coverage as EsteƩ Lauder's 'double wear' or Vichy's 'dermablend' and that's why I would argue that it is a full coverage foundation. This was a problem for me, as I love a full-coverage foundation, however for those of you on the hunt for the perfect medium coverage foundation that will leave you looking radiant and natural all day long than this is the foundation for you (if you can stomach the price tag!).

All in all, if you have sensitive skin, and are looking to treat yourself to a new foundation, that will leave you with a medium, semi-matte finish that will last all day then this is the foundation for you! Think your skin, but only much, much better! This foundation is available to buy online here on the Brown Thomas website for 43 euro, however I would DEFINITELY recommend trying this foundation out before buying it as the number of shades makes it difficult to pick one online..

Here's a needless picture of me wearing NARS All Day Luminous Weightless foundation, and countless other make-up products! (featuring wrinkly shirt!). 



Product List: 
NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Punjab (built up to a full-coverage).
MAC Pro-longwear concealer in 'NW20'
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer 'Radiance'.
HD Brows eyebrow palette in Vamp.
Anastasia Beverley Hills Dipbrow Pomade in 'Dark Brown'.
Anastasia Beverley Hills Clear Brow Gel,
Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 52.
Mary-Lou Manizer.
MAC mineralize skinfinish blusher in 'Stereo Rose'.
Seventeen High Drama Intense Liquid Eyeliner in 'Blackest Black'.
Inglot Kohl Pencil in '01'.
Too Faced 'Better than Sex' Mascara.
NYX Lipliner in 'Pale Pink'.
NYX Butter Gloss in 'Tiramisu'.

I just bought these NYX products and I already love them, I'll be testing them out for another week or two before I write a review, but so far... LOVE!
As always, thanks for taking the time to read this post, I'll be posting another review later on this week on the much talked about Too Faced 'Better than Sex' mascara! So, stay tuned!

Love,
Becca.
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment