Tuesday 14 April 2015

Product Review: Too Faced 'Better than Sex' Mascara!

Hey there ladies,

Today, I will be reviewing the much-hyped Too Faced 'Better than Sex' mascara, which I picked up in Sephora a few weeks ago... If you're interested in how I got on with one of the most talked about products of late, then read on!



What it promises:
  • Cruelty free products!
  • Film-forming Polymer for smudge-proof, all day wear
  • Tree Extract to nourish, thicken and lock curl in place
  • Unique Peptides for the deepest, intense black possible
  • 1,944% more volume 
  • 100% saw longer lashes (in a clinical study)
  • 100% saw dramatic volume (in a clinical study)
  • 93% saw base-to-tip curl (in a clinical study)
  • To be so good, it's 'Better than Sex!'. 


The verdict: 

Can I just start by saying... This is the holy grail of mascaras. After trying what feels like every mascara on the market, I have finally found the mascara (can I get a hallelujah?!). While, I was hesitant spending 23 euro on a mascara, I can honestly say I am over-the-moon with the decision to buy this product. So, first of all I love the pale pink packaging, as it's really cute and feminine.

Though my eyelashes are naturally black, this is the blackest mascara I've ever used.., The only downside is that the formulation of it is quite wet, and it takes a little longer to set in-between coats than other mascaras I've used, but this product is well worth the extra time and patience in exchange for doll-like lashes!



I definitely noticed such an increase in curl, volume and length when using this mascara than was unlike any other mascara I've ever used. The hourglass shape of the wand (modeled on the iconic 'Blonde Bombshell' figure) is to thank for that! While one coat is enough for everyday wear, I usually opt for three when going on a night out! For the first coat, I run the wand from base to tip to get the length and volume that I want... Then, I apply another coat using a rolling motion from base to tip to really emphasize the curl of my eyelashes... I finish off by applying the mascara again to the underneath and on-top of my eyelashes to really give it that 'false eyelash' effect that every girl lusts after <3

(side note: I look like a mole without mascara which you will be privy to seeing below!) (additional side note: it was a really dull day when I took these photos, that's why I'm grey/ like something out of Twilight).





Product List: 
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in 'Radiance'
Estée Lauder Double-Wear Foundation in '2C3 - Fresco 01'.
MAC Pro-longwear concealer in NW20.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Stereo Rose'.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Soft and Gentle'.
MAC Powder Blush in 'Harmony matte'.
HD Brows eyebrow palette in Vamp.
Anastasia Beverley Hills Dipbrow Pomade in 'Dark Brown'.
Anastasia Beverley Hills Clear Brow Gel.
Rimmel 'Exaggerate' lipliner in 'Red Diva'. 
Wet N Wild Lipstick in 'Cora-line'. 
Inglot Kohl Pencil in '01'. 
Too Faced 'Better than Sex' Mascara.  

Warning! The following pictures of close-up's of my eyes are both creepy and necessary in equal measure. In the top picture, I have 'Better than Sex' on both eyes, and in the bottom one, just on the right eye, so you can see the difference it makes! 




As usual, thanks for reading this post! If you are interested in buying this mascara, you can do so here! Leave a comment and let me know of any other Too Faced products that you'd like me to do a review of! <3 And stay tuned for a post on What I Wore to the Races! Aaaand, a post on the 10 best beauty buys for under 10 euro also coming up on Beauty and the Blog!


Love,
Becca.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment