Thursday 19 February 2015

Product Review: Mix Up the Voltage Lip Plumper!

Hi there!

Today, I'm going to be reviewing the Dreamweave & Co., Mix Up the Voltage lip plumper, which you may have seen making the rounds on blogs and YouTube channels over the last few months.. Also, a keen favourite with the cast of Geordie Shore and TOWIE, it promises bigger and fuller lips in an instant, and thanks to the enviable Kylie Jenner, making big lips the 'thigh gap' of 2015,  I decided to give it a go! I bought this in a local beauticians for 25euro (saucy enough!), but it can also be found on Ebay or Dollywood Boutique online for approximately the same price, once you factor in delivery. Mix Up the Voltage is a peptide and collagen lip gloss plumper. In the cute little box, you get a non-injectable syringe filled with 1.5ml of plumping liquid, and a clear lip loss. The syringe makes this product seem very daunting, and after some considerable warning from the beauticians about the 'tingling' effect of the plumper, I was a bit apprehensive about using this product.



Therefore, I didn't add all the plumping liquid into the gloss, instead I added roughly 1ml of it in, using the measuring guide on the side of the syringe to gauge it. I mixed the lipgloss for around 20 seconds, and then applied to my lips, after about 5 seconds I began to feel a tingle, which grew in intensity until it felt like I had rubbed chilies all over my lips! I must say it is a rather intense feeling.. And definitely better described as a stinging rather than tingling. This feeling lasted about 15 minutes, a lot longer than I thought it would..

Here are my results:

Apologies for the bad quality of the pictures!
Left - Normal lips. Right - 10 minutes after applying Mix It Up. 

As you can see, the lip plumper definitely make my lips look bigger as they were certainly puffy after using Mix It Up, the effect was especially noticeable with my upper lip. I think this product would be perfect for a night out, as you could dab off the lip gloss and put on your favourite lippie and you're good to go! Has anyone else tried Mix It Up? And if so, what did ye think? Did it work for ye? Anyone recommend any other lip plumping products? Stay tuned for a review on He-Shi's Dark Foaming Mousse later on in the week!

P.s. I'm off to Amsterdam soon for a few days, is there anything that you guys would recommend to do or where to eat?

Love,
Becca.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment