Wednesday 29 April 2015

My Top Beauty Buys for Under 8 Euro!

Hey there gals,

Today, I'm going to be sharing with you my Top Beauty Buys for Under 8 Euro! Yes, you read that right eight euro. Sometimes it can seem like the beauty world is saturated with images and reviews of products that cost 28,945,753 euro, but they don't have to! (I'm looking at you Creme de la Mer) (side note: this actually retails at 880 euro for 250ml, rather than 28 million - but same diff in my books!). Some of my favourite products in my make-up kit are ones that didn't cost me a fortune, and are just as good as the ones that did! This post is especially for anyone building a starter kit, or for those who just want to spend their hard earned on a few budget buys rather than splurge on one item <3 So, if you want to know what my favourite budget beauty buys are, then read on...


1. NYX Lip Butter Glosses for 6.49. 

These lip butter glosses from NYX are super smooth and silky, and the best part? They're not sticky! Can I get a Hallelujah from all my long-haired ladies? We've all felt the pain of wearing gloss, and then walking outside only to get a mouth full of hair, but no more thanks to NYX <3 Wear alone for a medium coverage or on top of you're favourite lipstick. They're quite long lasting as glosses go, and quite pigmented too! Also another thumbs up from me that they're not shimmery or gliterry like many glosses are predisposed to being, and they're super moisterising. What more could a gal wish for? They're mostly a range of nudes and pinks that'll suit any and all skintones. My favourites are Creme Brulée and Tiramisu, which are pictured below! The only downside to these, is that once you buy one - you want them all!





2. NYX Lip-liners for 4.99.

My second budget beauty buy is another product from NYX, and this time it's their lipliners! These lipliners are the bees knees of all lipliners. The Holy Grail if you will... These are likened in quality to the MAC lip-liners but at a fraction of the cost.  These go on easily, as they're quite buttery, and stop you're lipstick/lipgloss from bleeding. My favourite ones are 'Mauve' and 'Pale Pink'. 'Mauve' is featured in the pictures below, and it's an amazing dupe for Kylie Jenner's go-to lip liner 'Whirl' from MAC, which thanks to Kylie Jenner is now sold out in every MAC makeup counter that I've tried... However, once I got my hands on 'Mauve', which is also hard to track down, I was more than happy, and so was my purse! 



3. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge for  7.99. 

Oh, a silly shaped sponge I hear you say... Alas, no my little friend, it is much more than a silly shaped sponge. This sponge will become you, and your faces best friend. I kid you not. This will give you the pixel perfect flawless base that you've always dreamed of. This sponge is quite similar to the Beauty Blender, but again much cheaper! It offers you 3 distinct surfaces that give you 3 ways to apply liquid foundation or concealer.

  • The rounded sides of this multi-functional sponge allow you to blend large areas of the faces with a repeated 'dabbing' motion. 
  • The precision tip is great for covering blemishes and imperfections.
  • The flat edge is perfect for those hard to reach areas such as under the eye or around the nose. 
  • Not only that, I use this to blend out the hard lines of my cream contouring, again using a quick and repeated 'dabbing motion'. 
Use this handy little sponge with your favourite foundation, and I promise you'll never look back! Streaky, patchy foundation be gone! 



4. NYC Big n Bold Volume Mascara for 3.49. 

I have probably tried every drugstore mascara known to mankind, all with varying degrees of success/disappointment, and this one from NYC is hands down my favourite. This is great for separating your lashes, without clumping as well as giving 12x more volume and length (not so sure about that assertion, but it definitely works)! With the oversized wand, and quite a wet formulation, two coats is plenty to leave you ready to face the day! The only downside to this mascara is that it does dry out quite quickly, but then again at 3.49 - beggars can't really be choosers? Did I mention that apparently Demi Lovato is a fan? That makes it more than good enough for me!


5. Duo Eyelash Glue for 5.99.

My next two beauty buys for under 8 euro, may seem boring, but are nonetheless essential for any budding beauty enthusiast! This lash glue is the one used on MAC makeup counters across the country, where if you decide to pick it up will set you back 15 euro. I urge you to hop, skip and/or jump to your nearest Boots, where you can pick it up for 5.99.

Save yourself that morto moment when unknown to yourself your 'eyelashes' suddenly spring from your lash line on a night out, leaving you a far cry from the 'sexy Bambi' look you were going for when you left the house a mere 15 minutes previous. This really makes applying your falsies so much easier and quicker, it really is the business!


6. Penney's/Primark's P.s. Love This: Brush Cleaner for a mere 2.50. 

We all hate spending money on essentials nearly as much as we hate actually having to clean our makeup brushes. We all know about the bacteria that builds up on our brushes as well as the grime and dust, but really when it comes down to clean our brushes, we're less than willing/able. So, what if there was a product that made this dreary chore a bit easier? Well then, just call me/Penney's your fairy godmother, because your wishes have been answered! Some people have even gone as far as saying that this is just as good as the MAC brush cleaner, but again for a fraction of the price! Seeing as the main ingredients in both are water and alcohol, this seems like a fair enough call to make. This isn't really suitable for a deep clean, but perfect for in-between spot cleans! Simply spray this directly onto your brushes, and then wipe the brush off a paper towel, and TADA you're good to go! You can thank me later <3




And there you have it ladies, some of my top beauty buys for under 8 euro. If you'd like to see more budget beauty posts like this one, then comment below and let me know! :) I was also thinking about doing a favourite dupe post, what you get think? Anyways, as always thanks for taking the time to read my post <3

Love,
Becca
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment