Wednesday 25 February 2015

Product Review: Mary-Lou Manizer!

Hey there gals!

Mary-Lou Manizer Packaging! 

Today, I will be reviewing the much talked about Balm Cosmetics 'Mary-Lou Manizer'! My heart nearly skipped a beat when I saw it in the in-flight magazine on a recent Aer Lingus flight for just 15euro. This little beauty can also be bought online on cloud10 beauty. I had wanted to try this for ages, but it wasn't very accessible, so I jumped at the chance to buy it over the weekend! Some people might think that highlighters are another unnecessary step in your make-up routine, but if you're like me and you can't get enough of them and think that they're one of the most important things to have in your make-up kit, then read on to hear how I got on with one of the most talked about products of the last few months..


So first of all, the packaging is vintage inspired, and I love it and also really like the names of the products! It's really cute and girly, and stands out from other products in my make-up bag which are mostly the classic black packaging. Though this is described as a honey coloured powder highlighter, I think it's more of a champagne colour.. There is a very subtle glitter going through this very buttery highlighter. I found this highlighter to be one of the easiest highlighters to apply and blend out of all the ones I've tried so far - and believe me there's been quite a few! It works well with either a blusher or a bronzer on top, or even on it's own! I've found myself using this not only on my cheeks, but on my cupids bow and on particularly dull days, the inner part of my eye and brow bone.




As you can see below, you only need to use a small bit of product as a little goes a long way! That makes it easy to go a bit over-board with this highlighter, so try to be light handed when dipping your brush into it, tap off the excess and you're good to go! On that note, this highlighter will last you forever as you only need to use a tiny bit, another bonus.. So for 15euro, this really is a bargain and in my opinion, a make-up bag must have! So much so, over the last few days I've found myself reaching for the Mary-Lou Manizer over my MAC Soft & Gentle *gasp*. 





After loving this Balm Cosmetics product, I can't wait to try out a few more! Have any of you used any other Balm Cosmetics products, what ones were you loving? Please comment and let me know what product I should try out next! Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it :) Keep an eye out for my next post over the weekend, which will be a haul post from the last few weeks!

Me with the Mary-Lou Manizer on my cheeks (apologies for my hair - it was a messy bun kind of day!). 

Love,
Becca. 
xox 







No comments:

Post a Comment